Name: Meg Elizabeth Donnelly
Birthday: July 25, 2000 (19 years old)
Birthplace: New York City, New York, USA
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Meg Donnelly is a actress and singer from New York City. At six years of age, Meg began training in voice, dance, and acting at Annie’s Playhouse School of Performing Arts in Far Hills, New Jersey. She then went onto becoming a featured vocalist in several productions done by Kids of the Arts, Broadway Kids, and Time To Shine in New York City. Meg then moved to Hollywood and did a couple of small roles on television, before being cast as leading lady Ash in the live action / animated hybrid show, Team Toon. However, Team Toon did not premiere in the United States until Netflix picked it up in 2015. In 2016, Meg began her role as Taylor Otto, the ditsy, eldest daughter of the starring family in ABC’s American Housewife. In Winter 2018, Meg’s first Disney Channel Original Movie, Z-O-M-B-I-E-S premiered, which features several songs sung by Meg. In Summer 2018, Meg’s first single, “Smile,” was released.
- Meg is an only child.
- Meg’s favorite color is orange.
- Can speak Japanese (日本語), but had not been to Japan until July 2018.
- Is a fan of the Marvel films and has a crush on Thor actor Chris Hemsworth. One of her old usernames was “thorlover725.”
- Meg’s favorite television show is the Nickelodeon cartoon SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Meg’s favorite zombie movie is World War Z.
- Meg has a necklace of her name written in katakana: メグ.
- Meg graduated high school on the set for the season 2 finale episode of American Housewife.
- One of the things that inspired Meg to be a performer was SNL (Saturday Night Live).
- First television role was on a 2011 episode of Sesame Street.
- Was the understudy for Louisa in the 2013 NBC live musical, Sound of Music Live.
- For the first season and a half of American Housewife, Meg had to dye her hair brunette.
- Meg’s first solo single is called “Smile” and she also recorded a Japanese version of the song (スマイル).
Z-O-M-B-I-E-S 2 (2020) as Addison
American Housewife (2016-present) as Taylor Otto (75 episodes)
The Broken Ones (2018) as Lilly Kelly
Z-O-M-B-I-E-S (2018) as Addison
What Would You Do? (2015-2016) as various (3 episodes)
Future Shock (2015) as Annie (unsold pilot)
Team Toon (2013) as Ash (26 episodes)
Celebrity Ghost Stories (2013) as Young Jacklyn Zeman (1 episode)
Sesame Street (2011) as self (1 episode)
Meg – Medieval diminutive of Margaret. Meg is a name of Greek origin, meaning Pearl.
Donnelly – From Irish Ó Donnghaile meaning “descendant of Donnghal”. The given name Donnghal means “brown valour”, from donn “brown” and gal “valour”. This surname is associated with the descendants of Niall of the Nine Hostages.